ACE Forms Now Available in the Modernized ACE Portal

Beginning on April 18, 2023, trade users with Importer accounts can access the ACE Forms tool via a launch button in the modernized ACE Portal. The Forms button is available on the Importer Account page.

Details on accessing ACE Forms via the modernized ACE Portal are available in the Modernized ACE Forms Quick Reference Guide.

For technical issues, contact the CBP ACE Account Service Desk (ASD) at (866) 530-4172 or 

US Customs and Border protection (USCBP) Announces Extension for Entry of Certain Goods from China

On May 31, 2019, the U.S. Trade Representative’s Office (USTR) announced USTR intends to publish a notice in the Federal Register next week that extends the amount of time for importers to enter certain goods exported from China before the goods will be subject to an additional tariff increase from 10 percent to 25 percent.

Covered products that were exported from China to the United States prior to May 10, 2019 will remain subject to an additional 10 percent tariff if they enter for consumption into the U.S. before June 15, 2019.  Originally, the deadline to enter the U.S. before the goods would be subject to an additional 25 percent tariff was June 1, 2019.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has not yet updated the Automated Commercial Environment to reflect this change.  Importers entering subject goods on or after June 1, 2019 which were exported before May 10, 2019, and would be affected by this change, should consider waiting to file the entry summary pursuant to the ten day entry summary filing period.  This will allow importers to file the appropriate duty rate with the entry summary when CBP updates ACE.

Importers who file entry summaries, and retroactively become subject to a lower duty rate, may refile the entry summary (if the entry summary is still in trade control) or file a Post Summary Correction with the appropriate duty rate (if the entry summary is in CBP control).  Contact your CBP client representative if you have any questions on the status of an entry summary.

CBP will issue updated guidance when CBP updates ACE to reflect the change announced by USTR.

Questions related to Section 301 entry filing requirements should be emailed to

See additional information at;


Austria to end De Minimis as of 1 January 2020

The Austrian Government has decided that online orders from third countries will be fully taxable, with no de minimis.

Currently, the import tax exemption limit is €22, which is used in particular by Asian online retailers. The new regulation should come into force from 2020, anticipating the entry into force as part of the EU VAT Ecommerce Reform.

By 1 January 2021, a new simplified customs and VAT procedure will be introduced for all postal items with a value of less than €150 (i.e. “Low Value Consignment [LVC]”).

This procedure will be applied to all economic operators (designated/national postal operators, as well as non-designated operators). To send commercial items cross borders, the use of electronic advanced data will be mandatory when sending the items.

According to figures made public by the Austrian retail association (Handelsverband), every year 560 million cross-border parcels from China are sent via dominant Chinese mail order companies to the European Union. 97% of these shipments are fully customs and VAT free in the EU and a large part of the remaining 3% enters the EU without customs fees.

source: Ecommerce Europe

Air Cargo Advance Screening Program Goes into Effect

WASHINGTON — U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Transportation Security Administration announced that the Air Cargo Advance Screening (ACAS) program went into effect today requiring the submission of advanced air cargo information on shipments arriving in the United States from a foreign location.

As part of the ACAS program, participating carriers submit a subset of required pre-arrival air cargo data to CBP at the earliest point practicable and prior to loading the cargo onto aircraft destined to or transiting through the United States. For details see the notice at

ACE Portal Account Information and Reminders

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has updated web content to help users better understand the ACE Secure Data Portal. The updated content is for members with existing portal access, and new trade members who are looking to gain access to the ACE Portal. The new pages including:

1) Overview of an ACE Portal account

2) Managing an ACE Portal account

3) Applying for an ACE Portal account

The intention of this new content is to help ACE Portal users have a better understanding of the account process and to address frequently asked questions.

None of the new content affects the structure of existing ACE Portal accounts, and no immediate action is required on your part.